Watermelon Mojito Coolers
Sadly, summer is coming to an end. This weekend (Labor Day) marks the unofficial end of summer as kids are back in school, the weather starts cooling down for most of us on the east coast and apple picking becomes the next outdoor activity to do (I can’t wait for this!).
But before we head out of the season, let’s raise a glass to what was a quick, lovely and busy summer with these watermelon mojito coolers.
Cool, refreshing, easy-to-whip up and delicious. They are just what you want to make to use up the last of the juicy watermelons and a pitcher will be perfect as you get together with family and friends this weekend!!!
- 4-5 cups seeded watermelon, chilled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3-4 sprigs of mint
- ¼ cup simple syrup (more or less to taste)
- a dash of salt
- 2-3 tablespoons rum (optional)
- Ice cubes
- Combine all the ingredients except the ice cubes in a blender (I used this KitchenAid Torrent Blender) and blend until watermelons are smooth.
- Add the ice cubes and blend until combined.
- Serve over ice in glasses. Enjoy immediately!