Peanut Butter Chocolate Chia Pudding
This peanut butter chocolate chia pudding is a great indulgent dessert alternative and a quick breakfast packed with protein and nutrients.
Let’s just take take a quick break from summer fruits and veggies and talk about my new favorite breakfast pudding. A few weeks ago, a friend of mine sent me a picture of her dessert. It was chocolate chia pudding. I was like “Say what? Why am I not having that for dessert or breakfast?” So of course, I did and I was hooked. It blew my regular coconut vanilla chia pudding out of the running. But it got even better when I decided to add in some peanut butter to make this peanut butter chocolate chia pudding. WHOA!!
It’s incredibly simple too. Just combine some milk (almond milk to make it dairy free), chia, peanut butter and cocoa powder. I used Ghirardelli 70% Cocoa powder I had in my pantry and I recommend using a high quality cocoa powder with this. This peanut butter chocolate chia pudding will be a very easy after dinner dessert if you are looking to cut back on sweets but still want something indulgent and healthy. But it is also a great breakfast, full of protein and nutrients to keep you going all morning long.
- 1 cup almond milk or milk of your choice
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sweetener of your choice (agave nectar, honey, maple syrup)
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients. Whisk until combined. Refrigerate at least 2-3 hours or preferably overnight. Stir a few times during the first 30 minutes to avoid clumps.
- Top with mini chocolate chips or shaved chocolate or fresh fruits. Enjoy!
Please go try this peanut butter chocolate chia pudding!! Best thing I’ve had in a while. Oh if you are not a peanut butter fan, replace it in the recipe with Greek yogurt!
Some affiliate links included in text above.