Peppermint Spiced Cookie Bark
A soft and moist spiced cookie is topped with peppermint white chocolate and crushed candy canes in this festive holiday cookie!
I have a fun cookie recipe for you! It’s incredibly easy to make and quite festive.
This holiday season, I am all about the cookies, as I love sending cookies to friends that live far away.
I am getting my Betty on this holiday season with two wonderful cookie recipes from from Betty Crocker “Christmas Cookies with Kids” Hub. I don’t have kids but I surely can enjoy making these easy recipes when I am pressed with time.
I don’t think I have to even tell you about my love for peppermint AND white chocolate. They are just so great together and exactly why we are starting the holiday cookie train with these peppermint spiced cookie bark.
Using the special edition Betty Crocker eggnog cookie mix, I made a large spiced cookie. Baked in a rectangular giant cookie shape, I topped this moist cookie with a peppermint white chocolate melt and some candy canes to add some crunchiness!! It’s so easy, quick and will be a fun activity for kids.
I cut mine up in triangles so I can package them and mail to friends. Wouldn’t you want to receive this cookie in a cookie exchange? The combination of eggnog spiced cookie and peppermint and chocolate just screams holidays and it’s a tasty scream.
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker™ Eggnog cookie mix
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces white chocolate
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ⅓ cup coarsely crushed peppermint candy canes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with wax paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the butter and egg. Add in the cookie mix and mix until soft dough forms.
- Transfer dough to prepared cookie sheet. Spread into a 12-inch square.
- Bake cookie until light gold brown, about 10-14 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate uncovered for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Then stir in peppermint extract. Pour the melted chocolate onto the cooled cookie. Sprinkle immediately with chopped candy canes. Let chocolate set, about 30 minutes. Gently break apart the cookie bark.
- Store leftovers tightly covered.
Are you ready to #getyourbettyon? For more easy and creative holiday cookie recipes, visit Betty Crocker
Brand Website: www.bettycrocker.com
Brand Hub: www.BettyCrocker.com/KidsCookieCorner
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Betty Crocker . The opinions and text are all mine.