Frozen Margarita Pie
Happy Friday friends! I have a no-bake pie for you today in the form of this Frozen Margarita Pie. It’s an oldie but a goodie. A sweet, creamy lime cheesecake filled with key lime juices and crunchy graham cracker crust. It’s a refreshing and delightful summer recipe that you need on your plate.
Anyways…this frozen margarita pie, let’s get back to it. The summer heat is not as bad this year but I am always looking for easy no bake desserts. This recipe from Slushed! is just that. Think of key lime pie but in a frozen creamier form. Sweet, tart and delicious.
It’s also incredibly easy to whip up. Use graham cracker crumbs to make the crust and freeze crust while you make the filling. I love using the food processor for cheesecake filling. You always get a smooth and thick filling in one go. Once you pulse the filling ingredients, pour into the frozen crust and freeze. This is the hardest part, waiting for it to freeze. Be patient! It’s worth the wait!
I used key lime juice for mine but you can use regular limes. Don’t forget the tequila as it adds a great flavor.
Hope you enjoy this frozen margarita pie!
Frozen Margarita Lime Pie
This no bake frozen margarita pie recipe is sweet, tangy and refreshing. Creamy cream cheese and tart lime juice in the perfect summer pie.
For the Crust:
- 2 cups fine graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
For the Filling:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature (I used ⅓ less fat cream cheese)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup lime juice (preferably key limes)
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons tequila (optional)
- whipped cream for garnish
- In a medium bowl, combine the crust ingredients and stir until finely combined. Press the crumbs into a pie plate (I used a 9 inch pie plate) to form a crust.
- Put the dish in the freezer and chill while making the filling.
- Warm up cream cheese in microwave for a minute or two. This will make it easier to stir.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese on medium speed for a few minutes, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sugar, lime juice, zest and tequila and beat on low until combined. Increase speed to medium-high and beat for 5 minutes, until pale and fluffy.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared crust. Smooth surface and freeze overnight.
- To serve, let sit at room temperature for at least 10-15 minutes. Slice with a sharp knife and garnish with whipping cream and lime zest.
Adapted from Slushed!//
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with us Instagram using #blahnikbaker so we can see what you are baking up in your kitchen!