Snickerdoodle Peanut Butter Cookie Cake
I am still on the Halloween candy trail here folks! These Kit Kat cupcakes from earlier in the week were for me because I love Kit Kats. The hubs, on the other hand, would care less about Kit Kats, Snickers, Twix or any other candy bar. As long as it is not peanut butter cups it’s not for him, so I had to make his own halloween candy treat. But why make something just for him?? Selfish I know! I love myself a perfectly spiced snickerdoodle cookie…a warm soft buttery cinnamon cookie is always a great fall treat. To have the best of both worlds, I made this snickerdoodle peanut butter cookie cake! I get my snickerdoodle cookie and he gets a cookie loaded with peanut butter pieces. Win Win if you ask me!!
Have you ever made a cookie cake?? It’s so easy and pretty fancy!! You just dump your entire cookie dough in a round pan and bake. Less work (instead of scooping dough), less time (no need to chill anything) and more cookie per surface area (ok maybe I made that up!). But you get the gist.
I used one of my favorite Krusteaz cookie mixes; the Snickerdoodle Cookie Mix; for this recipe. I always love tinkering with a box mix to fit our tastes and it is exciting to take something simple to a whole different level (and probably why I love working with Krusteaz as part of their Baker’s Dozen). For example, here I incorporated the cinnamon sugar included in the mix into the dough instead of as a coating in the traditional snickerdoodle. This amped up the cinnamon in the cookie cake and aerated the butter for a soft and chewy cookie.
Each cookie cake slice is loaded (I mean look at that!!) with peanut butter pieces making the peanut butter flavor key in this cake!! Peanut butter lovers will love it and cinnamon lovers will love the chewy cinnamon cookie. Make sure you save some of those peanut butter pieces after Halloween to make this cookie cake!!
- 1 package Krusteaz Snickerdoodle Cookie Mix
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ⅓ cup peanut butter pieces
- ¼ cup cinnamon baking chips
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan with baking spray. Line pan with parchment and grease parchment.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter and cinnamon sugar topping (in Krusteaz Snickerdoodle Cookie Mix box) together until butter is light, about 2-3 minutes on medium speed. Add the egg and beat until just combined. Reduce speed to low and add the Krusteaz Snickerdoodle Cookie Mix and mix until cookie dough comes together.
- Using a spatula, fold in the peanut butter chocolate pieces and cinnamon baking chips. Spoon the cookie dough into the prepared pan. Spread evenly.
- Bake cookie cake 18-20 minutes, until edges are golden brown. Cool completely on pan. The center will still look undone.
- Meanwhile, make frosting by mixing all ingredients in a medium bowl. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Turn cookie cake out onto a plate. Pipe the frosting around the edges of the cake and decorate with leftover peanut butter chocolate pieces.
I am sharing this recipe in partnership with Krusteaz, for whom I am proud to be a brand ambassador. As always, all opinions are mine and THANK YOU for supporting the brands that make it possible for me to continue creating great recipes for you. For more recipe ideas and inspiration, follow Krusteaz on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.