Salted Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls
These salted caramel apple cinnamon rolls are nothing but amazing with rolls filled with caramelized apples, cinnamon, pecans and salted caramel topping.
I am not going to beat around the bush here. These Salted Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls are AMAZING! There is no other way to put it. I mean, how else can you describe warm cinnamon rolls filled with caramelized apples, cinnamon, pecans and drizzled in salted caramel? Come on, tell me “amazing” is not the word that comes to mind.
Okay, let me break it down further. It all starts with soft, easy-to-work-with dough. Using Fleischmann’s® RapidRise Yeast, there is little or no time spent waiting for the dough to rise. Whip up your dough; let it rest for 10 minutes during which you caramelize your apples in brown sugar and some spices. Get your butter melted (or browned for some added flavor!!) and chop up your pecans. Pretty much awesomeness prep here.
Once dough is ready, roll it out, spread with butter and coat with cinnamon sugar, pecans and caramelized apples. Roll up. Cut. And put away in baking pan. At this point you pretty much let it rise and double in size or chill overnight if you want to wake up to freshly baked cinnamon rolls. Then bake away!! And top with a GOOD amount of salted caramel once ready to enjoy.
Did I convince you there are AMAZING yet? Like you want to try them NOW?? That’s what I thought 🙂
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 envelope + 2 teaspoon Fleischmann's® RapidRise Yeast
- 3½ to 4 cups flour
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoon very warm water (120° to 130°F)
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Spice Islands® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1 cup (~4 ounces) chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add the egg and mix until combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together the yeast and 2 cups of flour. Add the flour mixture to butter/sugar mixture all at once and then add water. Mix well and add an additional 1-1/2 to 2 cups of flour, 1 cup at a time, until a soft smooth dough forms. On a lightly floured surface, knead dough until smooth. Cover with a damp towel and let rest for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine chopped apples with ¼ cup brown sugar in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until apples are caramelized, about 7- 10 minutes. Set aside. Grease a 13 x 9- inch pan.
- Divide dough into 2 equal portions and roll each portion out to a 14 x 8-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Brush each with a good amount of melted butter. Combine the rest of the brown sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle ½ of the cinnamon sugar on each rectangle. Scatter the apples onto the rectangles and top with pecans. Roll up the rectangle from the long side and cut each roll into 8 slices.
- Place rolls into prepared pan, cut side down. Cover pan and let rise until double, about 45-50 minutes. (You can freeze rolls at this point or refrigerate overnight.)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F . Bake rolls for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool slightly before drizzling with caramel sauce (recipe below). Serve immediately.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Add the brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk until blended and sugar is melted. Remove from heat. Whisk in sea salt. Pour caramel syrup into a heatproof bowl. Let cool.
As a Become a Better Baker Blog Ambassador, this post was sponsored by ACH Foods through their partnership with One2One Network. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep me inspired!