Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream Cake
Chocolate wafer crust, peanut butter cups and peanut butter stampede ice cream = a peanut butter lover’s dream summer ice cream cake!!
You know I had to make another ice cream cake before the end of summer! AND you know in this house, peanut butter rules! So it is not surprising this peanut butter ice cream cake happened right after my birthday ice cream cake. This cake has been declared the BEST creation of the summer by Mr J and I must say, it is hard to argue with him. It’s pretty darn good.
I mean, what is there not to like? A chocolate cookie crust + peanut butter stampede ice cream + a layer of peanut butter cups + another layer of peanut butter stampede ice cream + chocolate ganache or drizzle and more peanut butter cups = a peanut butter lover’s dream!! Insanity! At least that is what I was informed when I was given a strict warnings to only share this cake with a select few because the hubby wanted to keep it all to himself.
- 1 package chocolate wafer cookies (9 ounces)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Reese's peanut butter cups, chopped and frozen
- 3 quarts peanut butter stampede ice cream (or any of your choosing)
- Chocolate ganache or chocolate sundae syrup for drizzling
- Whipped Cream or cool whip for decorations (optional)
- Peanut butter cups, chopped
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan with baking spray and line with parchment circle. Grease parchment. In a food processor, combine wafer cookies and melted butter. Pulse until cookies are finely ground. Transfer cookie mixture to the prepared pan and press evenly and firmly into the bottom. Freeze pan for about 30 mins until crust sets.
- In the meantime, take half of the ice cream out of freezer and let sit at room temperature to soften.
- When ready to assemble, work quickly. Transfer half of the ice cream to a medium bowl and mix until spreadable, You do not want it to be melted, just workable. Spread over the prepared crust. Top first layer with chopped peanut butter cups and place pan in freezer until set, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, take the second half of the ice cream out and let sit at room temperature to soften. When soft, mix again until spreadable. Add second layer of ice cream on top of peanut butter cups and spread into an even layer. Firmly wrap the top with plastic wrap and let cake freeze completely for several hours to overnight.
- Before serving, run a hot knife along the edges and release from springform pan. Drizzle with chocolate ganache and decorate with whipped cream or cool whip (optional). Top with peanut butter cups. Enjoy!
So if you are a peanut butter lover, please go try this super easy ice cream cake today!!! It will be one of the best things you enjoy this summer.
Love Peanut Butter? Try these Favorites: