Thank you Nielsen-Massey Vanillas for sponsoring this recipe and post. All opinions are my own.
Every celebration deserves a signature drink. Whether it’s a cocktail or a refreshing, sparkling lemonade. Or in our case today, a sparkling cherry limeade!! Last summer my signature drink for gatherings was this sparkling strawberry cucumber limeade and everyone loved it! But we are taking things up a notch this year with another fruity limeade with a little dash of almond extract to our cherry.
I love adding almond extract to my cakes and pies but I love it in drinks too. Remember when these mango margaritas? We had a secret ingredient in it and we using the same here too. Almond brings out the flavor in a lot of fruits, especially cherries. I used Nielsen-Massey’s Pure Almond Extract in these cherry limeades! I also added a little bit of dark rum I had left over and it was a delicious addition. So if you are making this for an adult gathering, be sure to add a little bit of rum or vodka.
Now, I’m hoping all goes well with my final exam on Wednesday so I can celebrate with this cherry limeade. It will be perfect to relax with on a hot summer day or to bring along to a picnic at the park.
- 2 cups fresh cherries, pits removed
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup simple syrup, or more to taste
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Nielsen Massey Pure Almond Extract
- Sparkling water or club soda
- (Optional: a dash of rum or vodka)
- Garnish: lime wedges, fresh mint and cherries
- In a blender, blend the fresh cherries until smooth. Pass the puree through a fine sieve and collect cherry liquid into a medium bowl.
- In a large pitcher, whisk together the cherry juice with the simple syrup, lime juice and almond extract.
- When ready to serve, add ice to the pitcher and fill with about a liter of sparkling water or club soda.
- Mix well and add sweetener to taste.
- Serve with garnishes and enjoy immediately.
Be sure to follow Nielsen Massey on Instagram for more recipe inspiration.